My baby boy is still a sick puppy. We called the vet after seeing no improvements on Monday. He recommended trying 5 days of antibiotics 2x a day and since he has a 104 fever, bute once a day until it comes back down. Granite is a snot factory and you can see in his eyes that he feels like shit. He can't come in the barn because the vet is afraid he may infect others. So there went our plan to keep him out of the heat and in front of a fan. He has had 5 doses of antibiotics so far and itsnt looking any better (or worse, fortunately). I don't want to wait for the whole five to get an alternate treatment plan. Becky is heading out of Town for labor day and my boy is miserable. If he isn't showing considerable improvement by tomorrow morning, I'm going to ask the vet to come out and re-evaluate the situation. I'm worried about my man and hate to see him not feeling well, so the sooner I can do SOMETHING for him, the better.
In other news, I had my second round interview last night. I think it went well. I believe that I had decent answers for the 6 questions that were asked of me from the 7 elected officials. I also think I did an adequate job of engaging them with the 3 questions that I asked them. The interview only lasted 30 minutes and they didn't tell me what kind of time frame I could expect as far as a decision goes. Originally, I was told that an offer would be extended during the 1st week of September (you'd consider that next week--right?). Mine would be a conditional offer (if I were the preferred candidate) because they have not yet spoken with my Town Mayor or immediate boss. I like to think both of them wouldn't have anything to say that would cause a retraction of the offer.
I hate the waiting and the not knowing which way my life is headed. I don't really have a plan B except to continue with the being broke and working two jobs and applying for new things. I also don't want to look at signing a new lease because I was hoping for a change of geography in addition to an employment change. But thats another can of worms...
So this week, I work 3 doubles, waiiiiit to hear something, worry about my horse and probably have the vet out. Then this weekend is to include lots of time with my rock, TK. We are going to the zoo, to a cookout and to see Secretariat. I hope to be able to catch up on some cleaning, some running and some visiting with my sick pony as well. Oh life.... I know its going to get better and I am so fortunate to have Eva and D and TK and my other close friends here to support me in the craziness-- but its still hard to make it through the days sometimes.