I went out to check on the big Grey Man on Saturday (my first available time since Tuesday; my life sucks). He was worse off and I immediately made my decision that there would be no trail ride! Both nostrils have green/yellow discharge and he is now coughing at the stand still. He was eating alright and acting like himself, so that was encouraging, but not the deterioration of the respiratory/sinus issues. I went to the barn yesterday and found him no better and no worse. I groomed him and talked to him for a while (willing him to get better) then put him back out in the pasture.
Reno's mystery cough (diagnosed as allergies) is gone, but now the other horse (an arab mare) in the pasture has started to cough. This has me thinking the horses have clearly caught something.
I emailed Becky asking is she thought we should A) administer the oral antibiotic I have, B) administer the antibiotic injections that D has or C) call the vet. She suggested that we bring him inside during the day so that his body could put all of its effort into healing and not into keeping cool. We have the fan on him and will hose him. We have started him on the oral antibiotics and plan to call the vet for a phone consult. If things get worse or the vet recommends, I guess we will be having him out this week.
This is NOT what I need right now (or ever, because I hate to see my boy not feeling well). My BIG interview is tomorrow (50% chance of a huge opportunity/ lifestyle change). I also have our Town Council meeting this week, a doctor's appointment and 2 nights of waiting tables. I'm grateful that Becky is around to care for Granite and to be there for the vet if need be.
I'm just trying to hold on for dear life until payday and the weekend.
Thoughts, Positive Vibes, Prayers, Wishes, Etc are requested.