Friday, January 23, 2009

Good Article on a Good Topic


After my recent lesson with Karma, I was given some homework. I was told to begin teaching her to round and to work the topline muscles so that she will have the ability to bend and round with greater ease. In order to do this, I was told to enlist the aid of draw reins and of a martingale. I grew up using draw reins to help horses in setting their head. Now that I am using them for a slightly different purpose and now that I am old enough to question practices that I used to take as commonly accepted. I have done some research to help me in my 'homework'. I plan on introducing Karma to the draw reins this weekend. I am also on the market for a pair of side reins for lounge practice (when I don't have time to actually get a ride in) and a martingale for when she gets the idea and the muscles to carry herself. I found this article in my searches and I wanted to share it with you. I think its a good read. I will let you know how it goes when we ride on Saturday...


No comments:

Post a Comment