Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Yoga: Experience One

Ok, so Yoga rocked! Roomie and I went to Triad Yoga Institute. Shelia was our instructor and she was so kind and welcoming. She showed us what we needed for class and how to set up our mats and equipment. Class was very very relaxing and it really helped me to focus on myself. I think this will be the perfect outlet for all of my nervous energy and stress. Roomie and I are certainly going to be going every week :) My favorite was the Corpse Pose in which we laid completely still and simply breathed. The only problem is that I can't seem to get my mind to relax. I am constantly thinking, "Daphne had been in her kennel all day. I wonder if she has to poop. Poor girl." So hopefully I can master relaxing my mind as well as my body.

We got home to a lovely surprise. Matty had made dinner for us AND let the dogs out. Dinner was fab but I accidentally poured some wine to go with it... I wonder how many points weight watchers assigns to red wine? I'm not sure, but I will certainly try to work it off tomorrow. All in all Yoga was a great experience and I am looking forward to integrating into my life :)

No comments:

Post a Comment